Preserving the past to educate the present and enhance the future.
1873 – Greenfield Township School Board authorizes construction of Hornby School immediately behind Shadduck School as replacement for the old log structure.
December 1875 – Hornby School opens. Hornby School was in operation for 81 years.
May 1956 - Hornby School closed. Building and contents sold at auction. Building is abandoned and vacant.
1973 – In preparation for Hornby School's 100th birthday, Hornby School Restoration Society is formed as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charity whose purpose is to restore the school in as near original condition as is possible.
1981 - After replacing the foundation, repairing the roof, and gathering donations to fill the interior, Hornby School Museum opens to the public.